How search for a specific DNA sequence
The search function can be used in the Assembly window in two ways:
- to search for a specific DNA sequence
- to jump to a certain position in the selected sequence/row
Calling the SEARCH box
The search function can be called from the Search menu in the main window, or by pressing the Control+F on your keyboard:
Click either 'Search' or 'Jump to....' and the SEARCH BOX will open:
Performing a search
Insert your sequence in the 'Search Box' and press ENTER to begin searching.
Performing a jump
Insert a base number in the 'Search Box' and press ENTER to move the cursor at the specified position.
- The search starts from current cursor position and goes to the end of the line/sequence.
- The search is always done on the current selected line. Click a different line to search on that line.
- Pressing the Search button, Enter or F3 multiple times, will perform multiple searches.