Subscribe to our news list
- DNA Baser Sequence Assembler v4 to be released this spring. Details
- DNA Baser v3.5.4 is released.
- August - DNA Baser Console is released.
- August - DNA Baser v3.5 is released.
- June - DNA Baser v4 under construction. This version is oriented to next generation (Solexa, 454, etc) sequencing. Version will be released in (about) 6 months.
- July - SFF Workbench is ready.
- February - DNA Baser v3.2 is released. This version allows the user to assembler longer samples.
- December - DNA Baser v3.0 (final) is released to the public.
- November - DNA Baser v3 (beta) is released for public.
- June - DNA Baser v3 is available for beta testers. Major improvements are available in this release.
- New article published together with researchers from Max Planck Institute
- The company changes its name from HeracleSoftware to Heracle BioSoft to better reflect its domain of activity.
- DNA Baser is working on Windows 64 bit platforms
- DNA Baser version 2.9x is available for download!
- RNA Baser package was dropped. Functionality offered by RNA Baser was incorporated in DNA Baser.
- "Batch assembly by plates" is a new tool that helps you to batch-assemble your files based on the way you place the primers on your plates. Use colors to mark the
wells that contain the same primer, then press 'Start' and let the tool to generate the list of samples belonging to the same contig. This new tool is available for free (for beta
testers). Details here.
- Windows 7 support added
- DNA Baser version 2.7x is available for download! Over 120 improvements and new features were
added since v2.11. Here are listed only a few of them.
- DNA Baser tested on Linux via WinE
- Chromatogram Explorer v2.5 is out!
- DNA sequence dereplication function added
- DNA Baser v2.6x is out
- Beta-tester list is again open for v2.6x
- DNA Baser package for Mac OS X available for download
- DNA Baser celebrates EARTH DAY
- New freeware tool available for download: ABI to FASTA converter
- New freeware tool available for download: Grid cell counter
- New license type available. Find out more about the new SITE license here.
- Announcing the RNA Baser project
- DNA Baser has started a cooperation with the SILVA project for joined future development
- Starting with version 2.2, DNA Baser will also run in systems that use Unicode characters (Chinese, Japanese, Arabic...).
- DNA Baser version 2.1x is available now! Over 50 improvements and new features are waiting for you since v2.7. Here are listed
only a few of them:
- New feature: Batch assembly. Thousand of contigs can be assembled at once.
- New feature: Assemble using a reference sequence.
- New feature: Project map.
- Due to a very high number of requests, DNA Baser can be downloaded as self-extracting package (installer) now.
- Support for Windows 95/98 was dropped. Instead we will add better support for Windows XP, 2003, Vista.